An elderly woman was killed and four other civilians were injured Monday, Sept. 12, as Ukrainian forces shelled the town of Logachevka in Russia’s Belgorod Region, near the Ukraine border. Belgorod Governor Vyacheslav Gladkov relayed this information on his Telegram channel.
According to Gladkov, the injured had been taken to a local hospital. The dead woman and three of the injured were Ukrainian citizens.
Residential dwellings were partially destroyed and cars and power lines damaged because of the attack.
“All residents of the village have been evacuated. Many went to their relatives. Those who have no one to go to – 27 people – were accommodated in Valuki,” said Gladkov. “The most frequently asked questions are how to feed domestic animals. We will do it with the military police and National Guard servicemen.”
Valuki is the district’s administrative center. The Russian military responded to the shelling with an airstrike that forced the Ukrainian troops to leave their position and disperse.
Meanwhile, Alexander Bastrykin, chairman of the Russian Federation Investigative Committee (RFIC), instructed to open a criminal case about the shelling of the Belgorod region.
“Bastrykin instructed to initiate a criminal case, record all traces of criminal activity and take measures aimed at identifying the persons involved in the commission of this crime,” the RFIC said.
Moscow has already warned Kyiv’s forces to refrain from attacking settlements and border checkpoints in Russia’s regions of Belgorod, Bryansk and Kursk.
The attacks mainly involved drones and mortars and have hit both infrastructure and residential areas, resulting in the destruction of infrastructures and homes, injuries and several civilian deaths.
In August, a boy lost his hand after trying to disassemble ammunition that he found in his village in Belgorod. In May, a truck driver was killed by a mortar strike in Kursk.
Zaporizhzhia power plant fully stopped as a safety measure
Operations of the Russian-held Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Station (ZNPS) in Ukraine have been fully stopped as a safety measure, the state agency in charge of the plant Energoatom said on Sept. 11.
Reuters reported that as per the agency, the plant “is completely stopped” after they disconnected the number six power unit from the grid. “Preparations are underway for its cooling and transfer to a cold state.”
The back-and-forth shelling between Russia and Ukraine was blamed for the looming danger.
Back in August, Russian Permanent Representative to the United Nations (UN) Vassily Nebenzia submitted photographic evidence to the UN Security Council of Kyiv’s attacks on ZNPS, the largest nuclear power plant in Europe and among the 10 largest in the world. (Related: Russian envoy submits photo evidence of Ukrainian attacks on the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant.)
“Despite the false statements of the Kyiv regime and its backers, Russia has not placed heavy weapons on the territory of the ZNPS and does not use the station for military purposes,” the diplomat said during the emergency session of the UN. He added that Moscow is not using the nuclear power plant as a military base and the attacks involved NATO-supplied weapons.
The Russian government has also been sending notices to the Brandon administration to stop encouraging Ukraine to attack ZNPS and to cease further provocation. One wrong move could eventually result in a “direct clash of nuclear powers.”
Visit WWIII.news for more news related to the continuing conflict between Russia and Ukraine.
Watch this video about artillery duels between Russian and Ukrainian troops.
This video is from the High Hopes channel on Brighteon.com.
More related stories: